Search Term Redaction
What are Search Terms?
e-Redact allows users to enter standard ‘Search Terms’ (i.e. a patient name) into e-Redact. When these terms are selected, the search terms will be automatically removed from the source file(s).
The user can then review the automatically applied redactions within the Working Copy file before approving them and generating the Redacted Copy and Audit Copy output files.
Types of Automatic Search Terms
- Default Search Term List’ items allow the user to enter ad-hoc search terms (i.e. the name of a person whilst processing a Subject Access request) or phrases (i.e. sentences of information). The ad-hoc word(s) or sentences would be removed automatically upon processing.
- ‘Search Term Library’ items allow the user to enter pre-defined lists of search terms (i.e. the name of a person or phrase relevant to an ongoing case or topic) and the libraryof word(s) or sentence(s) would be removed each time that Search Term Library is applied to any document or file.
e-Redact could save you circa 80-100% over manual redaction techniques. Trafford Council achieve a 4 hour manual redaction workload in just 40 minutes using e-Redact.
[/col280] [col280 last]
Process files automatically taking about 90% less time and with less effort too. An A4 page file may take in excess of 20 minutes to redact using manual techniques. The same file could be redacted automatically using Search Terms in just 1 minute.
Total Control for the User
e-Redact will automatically remove search term matches from any source document but the user is always able to over-ride any applied redaction providing total control
Process Standard Documents in an Instant
Some of our clients use e-Redact to process files that they produce on a regular basis (i.e. AGM minutes, meeting minutes, court notes, event chronologies, etc.) in an instant.
” These are proved to reduce redaction times by up to 94%!”
[/col580] [col280 last][checklist]
- Time Saving of circa 80%
- Total Control for the User
- Process Standard Documents in an Instant
- Process more cases without increasing staff levels
- Manage Peak volumes more easily using automated tools
- Achieve professional results with neat redactions
- Minimise user errors by auto searching for content